Curriculum writer, educationalist, speech writer, moderator, data miner, facilitator, coordinator, arranger, let's do it, traditionalist, student, linguist, tutor, assistant, supporter, pillar, comforter, defender, mainstay, subscriber, booster, connected, resourcer, learner, .... all of these Industry experience in education, retail, technology, B2B, corporate and academia. A student of motivated teams and of ways of humanising the workplace, I can point to great success in developing high performers who are excellent in their job by getting in synch with the customer and the people we serve. I closely study the natural law of things and work to align the team accordingly. Widely read in all things that energise me and skilled in presenting any new knowledge back to an audience. I seek a learning and growth environment for all team members and have an expectation that they seek personal development in any areas that similarly energise them.
Premium Account Support ManagerJuly 2011 - 2017Officeworks
- Manage a team that provides premium after-sales support to the National Sales team.
- Analyse data outputs to ensure workflows are at their optimum in quality.
- Manage the operational execution of the annual Back To School campaign, nationally.
- Implement quality control checks to ensure data integrity in relation to account set up, order processing and stock requests.
- Promote cultural health across all business departments by setting up sharing forums, and proactively participating in as cross-department projects and initiatives as possible.
Contracts & Pricing ManagerJune 2010 - July 2011Officeworks
- Complete tender responses for large contract opportunities.
- Analyse existing pricing contracts to ensure commercial profitability.
- Implement successful contract wins.
- Monitor ongoing compliance to supply agreements, reporting on performance standards being met.
Commercial Accounts ManagerJan 2008 - June 2010Officeworks
- Initiate a new customer acquisition strategy for Officeworks through relationship marketing.
- Research and test the sales offer and report on the success of the new strategy.
- Reset entrenched 'way of doing business' practice through training and modelling and side-by-side support.
Business AnalystFeb 2001 - Jan 2008Officeworks
- Key project analyst to implement a new application platform into all Buying Departments.
- Blueprinting, requirement writing, testing and training of the new platform to all affected Team Members.
- Part of team to merge newly acquired business into Officeworks structure.
Sales coordinatorMay 1999 - Feb 2001Officeworks
- Team lead in all departments of the business
Education PublisherJan 2011 - currentMeridian
- Curriculum writer of Middle School resource materials, with particular focus on use of Google Earth and Maps; and various humour packs.
Magazine Publisher1998 - 2011Interactive Books
- Publisher of bi-monthly magazine for school computer coordinators, distributed via direct email
School Principal1995 - 1997Mt Burr Primary School
- Primary School Principal and strong advocate of community involvement
Tutor & Research Assistant1989 - 1991Monash University
- Tutor for Aboriginal Studies students completing Bachelor requirements at the Aboriginal Resource Centre
- Research Assistant for Eve Fesl, Director of Aboriginal Resource Centre
Principal, Superintendent, Linguist1979 - 1995Aboriginal School in the Pilbara and Central Australia
- Various education and language roles in remote Aboriginal Communities, and Aboriginal schools in rural areas.
University of Adelaide1991 - 1995M.Ed(Admin)
- Teaching methods of TESL and Social Studies
Australian National University1974 - 1977B.A.(Hons)
- Honours thesis in Aboriginal Languages of the Western Desert
Dandenong Ranges Toastmasters2017/2018President
Toastmasters InternationalMarch 2015 - currentMember
These things are important to me
Creating engaged teams
Finding the operational truth
Proving the concept
Humanising the workplace
Creating learning units